How To Become a HHA in Wyoming
Wyoming requires more than the minimum federal training standards to be working as a home health aide/certified nursing assistant.
HHA training programs in WY require 91 hours of training!
Know the HHA (and CNA) training requirements in Wyoming before you waste time and money.
In order to receive your home health aide certificate in Wyoming you need to follow their specific home health aide education requirements.
HHA training programs in WY must consist of:
- at least a total of ninety-one (91) hours of training
- which needs to include at least sixteen (16) hours of home health training
- and sixteen (16) hours of clinical training
Note: You need to be a certified nursing aide (CNA) in Wyoming first then, with an additional sixteen (16) hours of training, you would be a certified home health aide in Wyoming.
So it is really 75 hours of CNA training plus 16 hours of HHA requirements would equal the 91 hours total minimal required. You’ll first train as a CNA and then attend another 16 hours for HHA specific duties.
Search for FREE HHA Training in Wyoming
Best kept secret? Free HHA training is available in Wyoming! The demand is great for home health aides and agencies are offering free training classes; below is an example – be working and making money as a HHA in just weeks!
Wyoming HHA Resources
Here’s our search tool to find Wyoming HHA agencies and FREE training classes near you!
- Get started as a Wyoming home health aide in 4 weeks.
- Learn how to pass the Wyoming HHA exam.
- NEW: Wyoming food stamp recipients (also called SNAP) can get free HHA training!
- Information about certified nursing assistants in Wyoming; great links.
Here’s the Rules for Program Administration of Home Health Agencies (Chapter 9) that Wyoming follows.