Indiana HHA Requirements
How To Become a HHA in Indiana
Become a home health aide in Indiana – get HHA certified by following these easy steps and be working and making money within weeks!
To work as a home health aide in Indiana, you need at least 75 hours of training and pass an evaluation test (sometimes called an “exam”).
In order to receive your home health aide certificate in Indiana you need to follow the minimum [federal] home health aide education requirements.
Home health aides (HHA’s) in Indiana must successfully complete a home health agency’s competency evaluation.
4 Steps To Be a HHA in Indiana
The agencies are responsible for establishing their own policies on qualifications and training.
Get Your Home Health Aide Training and Certification in Indiana
Indiana home health aides (HHA) are registered by the Indiana State Department of Health Aide Registry. The same agency registers certified nursing assistants (CNAs); some healthcare workers have two credentials. Indiana law specifies training and continuing education requirements for state urinalysis technologists.
In order to receive your home health aide certificate in Indiana you need to follow the minimum [federal] home health aide education requirements. HHA training programs must consist of:
- at least seventy-five (75) hours of training
- which needs to include at least sixteen (16) hours of clinical training
- plus, there is a requirement to complete twelve (12) hours of continuing education for every twelve (12) months
Search for FREE HHA Training in Indiana
Best kept secret? Free HHA training is available in Indiana! The demand is great for home health aides and agencies are offering free training classes; below is an example – be working and making money as a HHA in just weeks!
Training for Becoming a Home Health Aide in Indiana
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) Home Health Aide Registration Program makes sure that HHA’s meet the qualifications for a home health aide. The Registration Program manages the registry of Indiana HHA’s.
Indiana HHA Resources
Here’s our search tool to find Indiana HHA agencies and FREE training classes near you!
- Get started as a Indiana home health aide in 4 weeks.
- Learn how to pass the Indiana HHA exam.
- NEW: Indiana food stamp recipients (also called SNAP) can get free HHA training!
- The Indiana Association for Home & Hospice Care (IAHHC) is a great resource and the “voice” of Indiana’s home care providers; from finding a HHA job in Indiana to taking the exam – you’ll find this site of great help.
- The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (PLA) Online Licensing System is used for HHA certification and registration programs; users can renew licenses here as well.
Here’s the federal code Indiana adheres to Section 484.80; and their own administrative code (Title 16).