Texas HHA Requirements
How To Become a HHA in Texas
Become a home health aide in Texas – get HHA certified by following these easy steps and be working and making money within weeks!
To work as a home health aide in Texas, the you must complete at least 75 hours of training and pass an evaluation test (sometimes called an “exam”).
Profile of a Texas Home Health Aide
In order to receive your home health aide certificate in Texas you need to follow the minimum [federal] home health aide education requirements. HHA training programs must consist of:
- at least seventy-five (75) hours of training
- which needs to include at least sixteen (16) hours of clinical training
- plus, there is a requirement to complete twelve (12) hours of continuing education for every twelve (12) months
Search for FREE HHA Training in Texas
Best kept secret? Free HHA training is available in Texas! The demand is great for home health aides and agencies are offering free training classes; below is an example – be working and making money as a HHA in just weeks!
Texas HHA Resources
Here’s our search tool to find Texas HHA agencies and FREE training classes near you!
- Get started as a Texas home health aide in 4 weeks.
- Learn how to pass the Texas HHA exam.
- NEW: Texas food stamp recipients (also called SNAP) can get free HHA training!
Here’s the federal code Texas adheres to Section 484.80.