How To Become a HHA in Louisiana
In order to receive your home health aide certificate in Louisiana you will need to complete 75 hours of training and 16 hours of which must be clinical training.
Know the HHA training requirements in Louisiana before you waste time and money.
In order to receive your home health aide certificate in Louisiana you need to follow the minimum [federal] home health aide education requirements.
HHA training programs in LA must consist of:
- at least seventy-five (75) hours of training
- which needs to include at least sixteen (16) hours of clinical training
- plus, there is a requirement to complete twelve (12) hours of continuing education for every twelve (12) months
A home health aide in Louisiana will find themselves working for an agency that provides them with written instructions on what they need to do.
The demand for direct care services in Louisiana is on the rise, but home health and personal support are going through a much faster rate of growth.
Search for FREE HHA Training in Louisiana
Best kept secret? Free HHA training is available in Louisiana! The demand is great for home health aides and agencies are offering free training classes; below is an example – be working and making money as a HHA in just weeks!
Louisiana HHA Resources
Here’s our search tool to find Louisiana HHA agencies and FREE training classes near you!
- Get started as a Louisiana home health aide in 4 weeks.
- Learn how to pass the Louisiana HHA exam.
- NEW: Louisiana food stamp recipients (also called SNAP) can get free HHA training!
- Home Health Agencies in Louisiana are licensed by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Health Standards Section (HSS).
- Southeast Louisiana Home Health Care has been providing the best in home health care services since 1971.
Here’s the federal code Section 484.80 Louisiana follows.