How To Become a HHA in Connecticut
Become a home health aide in Connecticut- get HHA certified by following these easy steps and be working and making money within weeks!
In Connecticut a HHA is referred to as a “homemaker-home health aide”.
To work as a home health aide in Connecticut, you need at least 75 hours of training and pass an evaluation test.
In order to receive your home health aide certificate in Connecticut you need to follow the minimum [federal] home health aide education requirements.
In Connecticut a HHA is referred to as a “homemaker-home health aide”. A (licensed) homemaker-home health aide performs all the duties a HHA does – simply different terminology.
In order to receive your home health aide (“homemaker-home health aide”) certificate in Connecticut you need to follow the minimum [federal] home health aide education requirements. HHA training programs in CT must consist of:
- at least seventy-five (75) hours of training
- which needs to include at least sixteen (16) hours of clinical training
- plus, there is a requirement to complete twelve (12) hours of continuing education for every twelve (12) months
Search for FREE HHA Training in Connecticut
Best kept secret? Free HHA training is available in Connecticut! The demand is great for home health aides and agencies are offering free training classes; below is an example – be working and making money as a HHA in just weeks!
Connecticut HHA Certification/Licensing
Connecticut mandates that home health aides to complete a nurse aide training program of no less than seventy-five hours and a competency evaluation program.
Training programs cover the following in classroom and clinical settings:
- communication skills
- reporting and documentation of patients status
- monitoring vital signs
- infection control procedures
- maintenance of a safe and healthy environment
- knowledge of emergency procedures
- physical, emotional, and developmental needs of clients
- safe techniques in personal hygiene
- grooming clients
- ambulatory transfers
- adequate nutrition and hydration
The aspiring HHA needs to successfully complete the competency evaluation.
HHA Wages in Connecticut
|State||CMS Certification Number (CCN)||Name||Address||City||Zip||Phone||Type||HHA Services?||Survey Rating||Star Rating for health team gave care in a professional way||Star Rating|
|St||0||Provider Name||Address||City||Zip||Phone||Type of Ownership||Offers Home Health Aide Services||HHCAHPS Survey Summary Star Rating||Star Rating for health team gave care in a professional way||0|
|AL||17,000||Alabama Department Of Public Health Home Care||201 Monroe Street, The Rsa Tower, Suite 1200||Montgomery||36104||334-206-5341||Official Health Agency||5|
|AL||17,009||Alacare Home Health & Hospice||2970 Lorna Road||Birmingham||35216||205-824-2680||Local||5|
|AL||17,013||Kindred At Home||1239 Rucker Blvd||Enterprise||36330||334-347-0234||Official Health Agency||5|
|AL||17,014||Amedisys Home Health||68278 Main Street||Blountsvil||35031||866-486-4919||Local||4|
|AL||17,016||Southeast Alabama Homecare||804 Glover Avenue||Enterprise||36330||334-347-4800||Local||5|
|AL||17,018||Kindred At Home||3225 Rainbow Street, Suite 256||Rainbow Ci||35906||256-442-1138||Local||5|
|AL||17,020||Amedisys Home Health Care||273 Azalea Road, Suite 204, Bldg 2||Mobile||36609||251-380-0492||Local||5|
|AL||17,024||Southeast Alabama Homecare||1435 Ross Clark Circle, Suite 2||Dothan||36301||334-794-0591||Local||4|
|AL||17,025||Saad Healthcare||1515 University Blvd, South||Mobile||36609||251-343-9600||Local||4|
Connecticut HHA Resources
Here’s our search tool to find Connecticut HHA agencies and FREE training classes near you!
- Get started as a Connecticut home health aide in 4 weeks.
- Learn how to pass the Connecticut HHA exam.
- NEW: Connecticut food stamp recipients (also called SNAP) can get free HHA training!
- The Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development has a great outline of Home Health Aides
Here’s the Public Health Code statute (Title 19) that Connecticut follows.