Colorado HHA Requirements
How To Become a HHA in Colorado
Colorado does not require more than the minimum federal training standards to be employed as a home health aide (HHA) by a Medicare-certified home health agency.
Colorado HHA training programs need to be at least 75 hours; read the details below!
In order to receive your home health aide certificate in Colorado you need to follow the minimum [federal] home health aide education requirements.
Colorado HHA training programs must consist of:
- at least seventy-five (75) hours of training
- which needs to include at least sixteen (16) hours of clinical training
- plus, there is a requirement to complete twelve (12) hours of continuing education for every twelve (12) months
Search for FREE HHA Training in Colorado
Best kept secret? Free HHA training is available in Colorado! The demand is great for home health aides and agencies are offering free training classes; below is an example – be working and making money as a HHA in just weeks!
Colorado HHA Resources
Here’s our search tool to find Colorado HHA agencies and FREE training classes near you!
- Get started as a Colorado home health aide in 4 weeks.
- Learn how to pass the Colorado HHA exam.
- NEW: Colorado food stamp recipients (also called SNAP) can get free HHA training!
Here’s the Code of Colorado Regulations they follow.